DJ Holy Body's Blog - Chapter 51 (A Science Fiction Novel)

It's so funny.  I keep posting on my social media accounts that I'm an amateur Martial Artist.  lmfao  I really hope people believe me.  

The truth is that this past week of doing two Taekwondo and three Karate classes was just a warm up.  My shins are bruised, and I suppose it kind of hurts, but it feels really good actually.  It feels good more than it hurts.  I use my shins to block kicks during sparring.  My Shidoshi told me to hit my shins with a bō during my free time to condition my legs, so I guess I will have to get used to shin and foot guards for sparring purposes.

I keep comparing my Taekwondo, Karate, and Kickboxing training to Krav Maga.  Krav Maga is the only style of martial arts that I've studied on my own with no formal instructor.  You most certainly can't practice Krav Maga on your partner during sparring sessions.  In Krav Maga, all rules of traditional martial arts are broken, and the art form is meant to disable your opponent extremely quickly.  Not only are elbows, knees, eye gouging, and groin hits allowed, you can bite your opponents nose off if it means you will be able to flee to safety after the fact.

Comments

Popular Posts