DJ Holy Body's Blog - Chapter 16 (A Science Fiction Novel)

I tried the acting thing for awhile in LA.  It was pretty cool actually.  My first speaking role was for a show called Telling Stories of the E.R., and my character name was Kendall, the X-ray technician.  My only speaking line was to keep yelling "Clear!" every time there was silence from the doctors and nurses.  On the one hand, it was funny because I was named Kendall after a freaking Ken doll.  On the other hand, it was twisted because it was one of those sick government jokes, meaning dry humor and meant for non-civilians.

Pushing around that X-ray machine was sort of a chore, and because the engine made a noise the machine had to be pushed around with the power off.  The people on the set told me they knew it was a heavy machine to drive around, but to make it look like it wasn't heavy.  It was a simple job.

And then there was a video I did for the Liontology company.  Dude, those people consider ibuprofen to be a hardcore drug!  wtf is up with that!?  So that's why I had a headache the entire day.  Well, that plus I had a hangover.  All they could offer me was a drug called niacin, a substance that is an overflow of B-vitamins that makes the skin itch from head to toe.  The Liontologists take the niacin and convince themselves they are cleansing their bodies.  I chose to stick with the headache rather than have a headache and itchy red skin.  I didn't bother telling them I had a minor hangover.  I thought if ibuprofen is a drug in these people's book, then alcohol must be up there with crack and heroin.

Comments

Popular Posts