Messianic Jewish Christian Morning Prayers

Messianic Jewish Christian Morning Prayers

Modern English with Hebrew and Transliteration

A Scripture-centered morning prayer order rooted in the faith of Israel and centered on Yeshua the Messiah.

This prayer order is written for a Jewish follower of Yeshua (Jesus) who worships the one God of Israel as Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.

Prayer is directed to God. We come to the Father through Yeshua the Messiah, our Lord, Savior, High Priest, and mediator, in the power of the Holy Spirit.

Miriam (Mary) is honored as the mother of Yeshua and as a woman blessed by God, but she is not addressed in prayer. Saints, departed believers, and angels are not addressed in prayer. Angels are servants of God, and protection is requested directly from God.

There is no required sign of the cross, icon veneration, prayer rope, bowing before religious images, or other devotional gesture. The purpose of these prayers is simply to seek the God of Israel with faith, repentance, gratitude, and love through Yeshua the Messiah.

1. Upon Waking — Modeh Ani

Hebrew:

מוֹדֶה אֲנִי לְפָנֶיךָ, מֶלֶךְ חַי וְקַיָּם, שֶׁהֶחֱזַרְתָּ בִּי נִשְׁמָתִי בְּחֶמְלָה; רַבָּה אֱמוּנָתֶךָ.

Transliteration:

Modeh ani lefanecha, Melech chai v'kayam, shehechezarta bi nishmati b'chemlah; rabbah emunatecha.

Modern English:

I thank You, living and eternal King, because in Your compassion You have restored my life to me. Great is Your faithfulness.

Adonai, God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob, thank You for giving me another morning. My life is a gift from You. My breath is a gift from You. The hours before me belong to You.

Before I turn toward the concerns of this world, I turn my heart toward You. I come before You through Yeshua the Messiah, Your Son, my Lord and Savior. Fill me with Your Holy Spirit and lead me in Your truth.

Let the first direction of my heart today be toward You. Let my thoughts, words, decisions, work, relationships, and desires honor You.

Amen.

2. Morning Thanksgiving

Father, Your mercies are new every morning, and Your faithfulness is great. Thank You that I have awakened to another day under Your care.

Thank You for blessings I recognize and blessings I do not yet recognize. Thank You for food, shelter, family, friendship, work, rest, music, learning, Scripture, and every good gift that comes from Your hand.

Thank You above all for Yeshua the Messiah. Thank You for His life, His teaching, His sacrifice for my sins, His resurrection, His continuing intercession, and the hope of eternal life.

I do not begin this morning trusting in my own righteousness. I begin it trusting in Your mercy.

Whatever yesterday contained, today is another opportunity to walk with You. Teach me to receive this day with gratitude rather than fear.

Amen.

3. Opening Praise

God of Israel, You alone are God. You made heaven and earth, the sea, the stars, every living creature, and every human life.

You are holy. You are righteous. You are merciful. You are patient. You are faithful. Your kingdom has no end.

Father, I worship You. Lord Yeshua, I worship You as Messiah, Son of God, Lord, and Savior. Holy Spirit, lead me into truth and form the character of Messiah within me.

To the one God of Israel — Father, Son, and Holy Spirit — be glory, honor, thanksgiving, and praise forever.

Amen.

4. Kedushah — Holy, Holy, Holy

Hebrew:

קָדוֹשׁ קָדוֹשׁ קָדוֹשׁ יְהוָה צְבָאוֹת מְלֹא כָל־הָאָרֶץ כְּבוֹדוֹ׃

Transliteration:

Kadosh, kadosh, kadosh, Adonai Tzva'ot; melo chol ha'aretz kevodo.

Modern English:

Holy, holy, holy is the LORD of hosts; the whole earth is filled with His glory.

Holy God, let the knowledge of Your holiness shape the way I live today. Keep me from treating what is sinful as harmless or what is holy as ordinary. Give me reverence without fearfulness, confidence without pride, and obedience that grows from love.

Amen.

5. The Shema

Hebrew:

שְׁמַע יִשְׂרָאֵל יְהוָה אֱלֹהֵינוּ יְהוָה אֶחָד׃

Transliteration:

Shema Yisrael, Adonai Eloheinu, Adonai Echad.

Modern English:

Hear, O Israel: the LORD is our God, the LORD is one.

Baruch Shem

Hebrew:

בָּרוּךְ שֵׁם כְּבוֹד מַלְכוּתוֹ לְעוֹלָם וָעֶד׃

Transliteration:

Baruch shem kevod malchuto l'olam va'ed.

Modern English:

Blessed be the name of His glorious kingdom forever and ever.

Adonai, You alone are God. There is no other God beside You. Let every competing loyalty in my heart bow before You. May I love You above possessions, approval, fear, success, pleasure, anger, pride, or anything else that tries to take Your place.

6. Ve'ahavta — You Shall Love the LORD Your God

Hebrew:

וְאָהַבְתָּ אֵת יְהוָה אֱלֹהֶיךָ בְּכָל־לְבָבְךָ וּבְכָל־נַפְשְׁךָ וּבְכָל־מְאֹדֶךָ׃

וְהָיוּ הַדְּבָרִים הָאֵלֶּה אֲשֶׁר אָנֹכִי מְצַוְּךָ הַיּוֹם עַל־לְבָבֶךָ׃

וְשִׁנַּנְתָּם לְבָנֶיךָ וְדִבַּרְתָּ בָּם בְּשִׁבְתְּךָ בְּבֵיתֶךָ וּבְלֶכְתְּךָ בַדֶּרֶךְ וּבְשָׁכְבְּךָ וּבְקוּמֶךָ׃

וּקְשַׁרְתָּם לְאוֹת עַל־יָדֶךָ וְהָיוּ לְטֹטָפֹת בֵּין עֵינֶיךָ׃

וּכְתַבְתָּם עַל־מְזוּזֹת בֵּיתֶךָ וּבִשְׁעָרֶיךָ׃

Transliteration:

Ve'ahavta et Adonai Elohecha, b'chol levavcha, uv'chol nafshecha, uv'chol me'odecha.

Vehayu hadevarim ha'eleh asher anochi metzav'cha hayom al levavecha.

Veshinantam levanecha, vedibarta bam, beshivtecha beveitecha, uv'lechtecha vaderech, uv'shochbecha uv'kumecha.

Ukshartam le'ot al yadecha, vehayu letotafot bein einecha.

Uchtavtam al mezuzot beitecha uvish'arecha.

Modern English:

You shall love the LORD your God with all your heart, with all your soul, and with all your strength.

Keep these words that I command you today upon your heart. Teach them faithfully to your children. Speak about them when you sit in your home, when you walk along the way, when you lie down, and when you rise.

Bind them as a sign upon your hand and keep them before your eyes. Write them upon the doorposts of your house and upon your gates.

Father, write Your Word deeply upon my heart. Help me love You not merely with words, but with my whole life. Help me teach my children by what I say and by the way I live. May our home remember You.

Amen.

7. Confession of Yeshua the Messiah

Adonai, I confess that Yeshua is the Messiah, the Son of the living God.

I believe He came in the flesh, lived without sin, died for our sins, was buried, and rose from the dead.

I believe He is alive, exalted at the right hand of the Father, and will come again.

Yeshua is my Lord. Yeshua is my Savior. Yeshua is my High Priest. Yeshua is my mediator before the Father.

My hope is not in my own goodness, religious performance, or ability to make myself righteous. My hope is in the mercy of God and in what Messiah has accomplished.

There is no other name under heaven by which we must be saved. Keep my eyes fixed upon Yeshua today.

Amen.

8. The Lord's Prayer

Our Father in heaven,
holy is Your name.
Your kingdom come.
Your will be done
on earth as it is in heaven.

Give us today our daily bread.
Forgive us our sins,
as we forgive those who sin against us.

Do not lead us into temptation,
but deliver us from evil.

For Yours is the kingdom,
the power,
and the glory forever.
Amen.

9. Morning Confession and Repentance

Merciful Father, before I begin this day, I bring my sins into Your light. Nothing in me is hidden from You.

Forgive me for sins in thought, word, action, and desire. Forgive me where I have been proud, impatient, angry, selfish, dishonest, lustful, judgmental, careless, bitter, fearful, or unwilling to listen.

Forgive me for the good I knew to do and failed to do. Forgive me for words that should never have been spoken and for loving words I should have spoken but withheld.

Forgive me whenever I have trusted fear more than Your promises. Forgive me whenever I have allowed money, approval, comfort, desire, anger, or pride to become more important to me than obedience to You.

Search me, O God, and know my heart. Show me what needs to change. Give me courage to make things right when I have wronged another person.

Thank You that forgiveness is available through Yeshua the Messiah. I do not hide from You. I come to You because You are merciful.

Create in me a clean heart, O God, and renew a steadfast spirit within me. Restore to me the joy of Your salvation.

Help me walk differently today where I failed yesterday.

Amen.

10. Prayer of Salvation by Grace

Father, thank You that salvation is Your gift. I cannot earn Your love or purchase eternal life through good works.

I trust in Yeshua the Messiah — in His sacrifice, His resurrection, His righteousness, and His mercy.

My obedience matters because I love You, but my obedience is not the price of salvation. Teach me to do good because I belong to You, not because I am trying to make You owe me something.

Keep me from spiritual pride. Keep me from despair when I fail. Lead me continually back to repentance, faith, and the grace You have given through Messiah.

May my faith produce love, mercy, integrity, generosity, justice, and obedience.

Amen.

11. Prayer to Be Filled with the Holy Spirit

Father, fill me today with Your Holy Spirit.

Spirit of truth, guide me into truth. Bring the words of Scripture to my remembrance. Help me recognize what is false and cling to what is good.

Produce in me love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control.

Give me wisdom rather than confusion,
peace rather than fear,
self-control rather than impulse,
faith rather than despair,
humility rather than pride,
and love rather than anger.

Give me courage to obey God when obedience is uncomfortable. Help me recognize opportunities to serve people today.

Make me more like Yeshua.

Amen.

12. Morning Surrender

Father, I place this entire day into Your hands.

My plans belong to You.
My schedule belongs to You.
My work belongs to You.
My family belongs to You.
My possessions belong to You.
My body belongs to You.
My mind belongs to You.
My future belongs to You.

If my plans change, help me remain peaceful. If something goes wrong, help me respond wisely instead of reacting in fear. If something goes well, keep me grateful and humble.

Keep me from trying to control everything around me. Give me the courage to act where action is needed and the wisdom to release what is outside my control.

Let Your will be done in my life today.

Amen.

13. Prayer for Wisdom and the Coming Day

Adonai, give me wisdom for every decision I face today.

When I do not know what to do, keep me from panic. Help me slow my thoughts enough to seek what is true.

Keep me from assuming the worst. Keep me from making decisions from anger, fear, pride, exhaustion, or pressure.

Let my yes be honest and my no be honest. Help me speak clearly, listen carefully, and avoid unnecessary conflict.

Give me patience when people move more slowly than I want. Give me humility when someone corrects me. Give me courage when I need to speak. Give me restraint when silence is wiser.

Teach me to be quick to listen, slow to speak, and slow to anger.

Order my steps according to Your wisdom.

Amen.

14. Prayer for Work, Service, and Daily Responsibilities

Father, bless the work You have given me to do.

Keep me honest in business, dependable in responsibility, patient with people, and generous with what You have entrusted to me.

Help me serve rather than merely seek recognition. Keep me from measuring my worth only by money, success, praise, attention, or accomplishment.

Whatever work I do today, help me do it with integrity. Give me creativity when creativity is needed, endurance when the work is difficult, and rest when rest is appropriate.

Protect me from laziness, but also protect me from making work into an idol.

Let my gifts become ways of serving others and honoring You.

Amen.

15. Prayer for Protection and Deliverance

Adonai, You are my refuge and my fortress. I place myself, my children, my family, my home, my travels, my work, and everything entrusted to me into Your hands.

Protect us from evil. Protect us from danger we can see and danger we cannot see. Give us wisdom to avoid foolish and reckless choices.

Guard my mind from deception, despair, resentment, lust, hatred, temptation, and fear.

Do not allow anxiety to become my master. When fear rises, remind me that You are God.

Your angels are Your servants and obey Your command. I therefore ask You, God, to command whatever protection You know we need. I do not pray to angels or place my trust in them. My trust is in You alone.

Yeshua has overcome the world. Greater is He who is in us than he who is in the world.

Keep me close to You today.

Amen.

16. Prayer for Forgiving Others

Father, I do not want yesterday's anger to become today's bitterness.

You know every hurt, every unfair word, every disappointment, and every conflict. I do not need to pretend wrongdoing is acceptable in order to forgive.

Give me wisdom to establish healthy boundaries where they are needed. Give me courage to seek reconciliation where reconciliation is possible. Give me humility to apologize when I am wrong.

Keep hatred from taking root in me. I release revenge into Your hands. You are the righteous Judge.

As You have shown mercy to me, teach me to show mercy to others.

Amen.

17. Prayer for Family

Father, bless my family today.

Watch over my children. Guard their minds, bodies, and hearts. Protect them from danger and from people or influences that would harm them.

Draw them toward truth. Teach them to know Your Word, recognize Your goodness, and understand the love of Yeshua.

Give me wisdom, patience, courage, gentleness, and consistency as I care for them. Help me correct without cruelty and love without enabling what is wrong.

Bless my parents, relatives, friends, teachers, pastors, mentors, and those You have placed in my life.

Provide for our needs. Bring healing where there is hurt. Bring peace where there is conflict. Bring repentance where repentance is needed.

May our home belong to You.

Amen.

18. Prayer for Those Who Suffer

God of mercy, remember those who are sick, grieving, lonely, frightened, homeless, hungry, imprisoned, persecuted, abused, displaced, or living through war and disaster.

Comfort those who mourn. Strengthen those who are exhausted. Protect children and vulnerable people. Provide food for those who are hungry and shelter for those without a safe home.

Give wisdom and compassion to doctors, nurses, caregivers, counselors, teachers, first responders, and everyone entrusted with another person's well-being.

Bring justice to those who have been wronged. Bring freedom to those who are oppressed.

And when You place someone in front of me whom I can help, do not let me look away.

Amen.

19. Prayer for the Body of Messiah

Father, strengthen everyone who trusts in Yeshua the Messiah.

Give Your people love without abandoning truth and truth without abandoning love.

Bring repentance where there is sin, clarity where there is confusion, courage where there is fear, and humility where there is pride.

Bless pastors, Messianic Jewish leaders, Bible teachers, missionaries, evangelists, and everyone who teaches Your Word. Keep them accountable to Scripture. Protect them from pride, greed, deception, and abuse of authority.

Help Jewish and Gentile believers recognize that we are one body in Messiah without requiring Jewish believers to erase their Jewish identity or Gentile believers to become Jewish.

May we be known by our love for Yeshua and by the way we love one another.

Amen.

20. Prayer for Israel and the Nations

God of Israel, remember Your covenant faithfulness. Bring peace to Jerusalem. Protect innocent people. Comfort those who mourn.

Protect Jewish communities from hatred and violence. Protect innocent people of every nation and ethnicity. Teach us never to answer hatred with hatred.

Give wisdom to leaders and justice to those who have been wronged. Restrain those who seek violence, corruption, cruelty, and oppression.

Draw Jewish people toward the truth of Messiah. Draw people from every nation toward Your truth.

May the knowledge of the LORD fill the earth. May Your kingdom come. May Your will be done.

May all peoples know the salvation You have given through Yeshua the Messiah.

Amen.

21. Short Morning Petitions

Lord, forgive me.
Lord, correct me.
Lord, teach me.
Lord, strengthen my faith.
Lord, give me wisdom.
Lord, guard my thoughts.
Lord, protect me from temptation.
Lord, teach me humility.
Lord, give me patience.
Lord, give me courage.
Lord, make me gentle.
Lord, help me listen before I speak.
Lord, keep bitterness away from me.
Lord, help me recognize what is true.
Lord, help me love You with all my heart, soul, mind, and strength.
Lord, help me love my neighbor as myself.
Lord, help me care for my children faithfully.
Lord, let my work honor You.
Lord, let Your will be done in me.
Lord Yeshua the Messiah, have mercy on me.

Amen.

22. Aleinu — Before Opening the Scriptures

Before opening the Bible, I remember that all worship and all truth belong to the God of Israel.

Hebrew:

עָלֵינוּ לְשַׁבֵּחַ לַאֲדוֹן הַכֹּל, לָתֵת גְּדֻלָּה לְיוֹצֵר בְּרֵאשִׁית.

Transliteration:

Aleinu l'shabe'ach la'Adon hakol, latet gedulah l'Yotzer bereshit.

Modern English:

It is our duty to praise the Lord of all, to give greatness to the Creator of the beginning.

Adonai, You are King over all the earth. You created me, You sustain me, and Your truth is greater than my own opinions.

As I open the Scriptures, I place myself under Your Word. I do not ask Your Word to agree with me. I ask You to correct me through Your Word.

May every false belief in me be exposed. May everything true be strengthened.

And may the day come when every knee bows and every tongue acknowledges that Yeshua the Messiah is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.

Amen.

23. Prayer Before Reading Scripture

God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob, open my eyes so that I may understand Your Word.

Give me a humble heart and a teachable spirit. Keep me from twisting Scripture to support what I already want to believe.

Help me understand the Scriptures in their context. Teach me to recognize what You revealed to Israel, what You spoke through the prophets, and how Your promises find their fulfillment in Yeshua the Messiah.

Holy Spirit, guide me into truth. Correct me where I am wrong. Comfort me where I am hurting. Strengthen me where I am weak. Convict me where I need repentance.

Do not let me become someone who merely knows religious information. Let Your Word produce obedience, wisdom, mercy, and love.

Teach me Your ways so that I may walk in them.

Amen.

24. The Jesus Prayer

Lord Yeshua the Messiah,
Son of God,
have mercy on me, a sinner.

Lord Yeshua the Messiah,
Son of God,
have mercy on me, a sinner.

Lord Yeshua the Messiah,
Son of God,
have mercy on me, a sinner.

Yeshua, keep my attention fixed upon You today. When I become distracted, call my heart back to You. When I become afraid, remind me that You are with me. When I sin, lead me quickly to repentance. When I am blessed, lead me quickly to gratitude.

25. Final Morning Surrender to Yeshua

Lord Yeshua the Messiah, I belong to You.

You are the Son of David,
the Son of God,
the Messiah of Israel,
the Savior of the world,
my Lord,
my Shepherd,
my High Priest,
and my hope.

Walk with me through this day. Teach me Your Gospel. Keep Your words in my heart. Help me follow Your commandments and love others as You have loved me.

When I am tempted, strengthen me. When I am anxious, give me peace. When I am tired, sustain me. When I am wrong, correct me. When I am successful, keep me humble. When I am discouraged, remind me of Your resurrection.

I do not know everything this day will contain, but You are already Lord over it.

Jesus Christ, Son of God, have mercy on me and keep me close to You.

Amen.

26. Aaronic Blessing — Birkat Kohanim

Hebrew:

יְבָרֶכְךָ יְהוָה וְיִשְׁמְרֶךָ׃

יָאֵר יְהוָה פָּנָיו אֵלֶיךָ וִיחֻנֶּךָּ׃

יִשָּׂא יְהוָה פָּנָיו אֵלֶיךָ וְיָשֵׂם לְךָ שָׁלוֹם׃

Transliteration:

Yevarechecha Adonai v'yishmerecha.
Ya'er Adonai panav eilecha vichuneka.
Yisa Adonai panav eilecha v'yasem lecha shalom.

Modern English:

May the LORD bless you and keep you.
May the LORD make His face shine upon you and be gracious to you.
May the LORD turn His face toward you and give you peace.

Father, let this blessing remain in my heart as I begin the day. May I carry Your peace into my home, my work, my conversations, and every place I go.

In the name of Yeshua the Messiah.

Amen.

Optional Short Morning Prayer

Modeh Ani:
I thank You, living and eternal King, because in Your compassion You have restored my life to me. Great is Your faithfulness.

Shema:
Hear, O Israel: the LORD is our God, the LORD is one.
Blessed be the name of His glorious kingdom forever and ever.

Father, thank You for this day. I come to You through Yeshua the Messiah. Forgive my sins, cleanse my heart, and fill me with Your Holy Spirit.

Help me love You with all my heart, soul, mind, and strength, and help me love my neighbor as myself.

Give me wisdom for every decision, patience with every person, courage when I am afraid, and self-control when I am tempted.

Protect my family and me. Keep us close to You.

Create in me a clean heart, O God, and renew a steadfast spirit within me.

Lord Yeshua the Messiah, Son of God, have mercy on me, a sinner.

May the LORD bless me and keep me. May His face shine upon me and give me peace.

In the name of Yeshua the Messiah.
Amen.

Shalom.

May this morning begin with the God of Israel,
continue in the grace of Yeshua the Messiah,
and be lived in the power and guidance of the Holy Spirit.

Messianic Jewish Christian Morning Prayers
A free Christian devotional prayer resource

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Bay Area Mobile DJ Renaissance: From Daly City Garages to the Center of Nightlife - written by DJ Buddy Holly (David Charles Kramer)

SECRET SUPERPOWERS OF THE DREKS: The Confession of Renata - written by David Charles Kramer aka DJ Buddy Holly

🎧 The Golden Era of Funky Hard House: When DJs Controlled the Night and the Dancefloor Moved as One (written by David Charles Kramer aka DJ Buddy Holly