Messianic Jewish Christian Evening Prayers - For Evening and Before Sleep
Messianic Jewish Christian Evening Prayers
A Scripture-centered evening and bedtime prayer order focused on the God of Israel, Yeshua the Messiah, and the Holy Spirit.
This evening prayer order is written for a Jewish follower of Yeshua (Jesus) who worships the one God of Israel as Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
Prayer is directed to God. We come to the Father through Yeshua the Messiah, our Lord, Savior, High Priest, and mediator, in the power of the Holy Spirit.
Miriam (Mary) is honored as the mother of Yeshua and as a woman blessed by God, but she is not addressed in prayer. Saints, departed believers, and angels are not addressed in prayer. Angels are servants of God, and protection is requested directly from God.
There is no required sign of the cross, icon veneration, prayer rope, bowing before religious images, or other devotional gesture. These prayers are intended to end the day in gratitude, repentance, peace, and trust in the God of Israel through Yeshua the Messiah.
1. Opening Prayer
Adonai, God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob, God of Israel and Father of our Lord Yeshua the Messiah, I come before You at the end of this day.
You alone are God. You created heaven and earth. You have sustained me through this day, and every breath I have is a gift from You.
I come to You through Yeshua the Messiah, Your Son, my Lord and Savior. Cleanse my heart, quiet my thoughts, fill me with Your Holy Spirit, and lead me in Your truth.
May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing before You, Adonai, my Rock and my Redeemer.
Amen.
2. The Shema
Hebrew:
שְׁמַע יִשְׂרָאֵל יְהוָה אֱלֹהֵינוּ יְהוָה אֶחָד׃
Transliteration:
Shema Yisrael, Adonai Eloheinu, Adonai Echad.
Modern English:
Hear, O Israel: the LORD is our God, the LORD is one.
Baruch Shem
Hebrew:
בָּרוּךְ שֵׁם כְּבוֹד מַלְכוּתוֹ לְעוֹלָם וָעֶד׃
Transliteration:
Baruch shem kevod malchuto l'olam va'ed.
Modern English:
Blessed be the name of His glorious kingdom forever and ever.
3. Ve'ahavta — You Shall Love the LORD Your God
Hebrew:
וְאָהַבְתָּ אֵת יְהוָה אֱלֹהֶיךָ בְּכָל־לְבָבְךָ וּבְכָל־נַפְשְׁךָ וּבְכָל־מְאֹדֶךָ׃
וְהָיוּ הַדְּבָרִים הָאֵלֶּה אֲשֶׁר אָנֹכִי מְצַוְּךָ הַיּוֹם עַל־לְבָבֶךָ׃
וְשִׁנַּנְתָּם לְבָנֶיךָ וְדִבַּרְתָּ בָּם בְּשִׁבְתְּךָ בְּבֵיתֶךָ וּבְלֶכְתְּךָ בַדֶּרֶךְ וּבְשָׁכְבְּךָ וּבְקוּמֶךָ׃
וּקְשַׁרְתָּם לְאוֹת עַל־יָדֶךָ וְהָיוּ לְטֹטָפֹת בֵּין עֵינֶיךָ׃
וּכְתַבְתָּם עַל־מְזוּזֹת בֵּיתֶךָ וּבִשְׁעָרֶיךָ׃
Transliteration:
Ve'ahavta et Adonai Elohecha, b'chol levavcha, uv'chol nafshecha, uv'chol me'odecha.
Vehayu hadevarim ha'eleh asher anochi metzav'cha hayom al levavecha.
Veshinantam levanecha, vedibarta bam, beshivtecha beveitecha, uv'lechtecha vaderech, uv'shochbecha uv'kumecha.
Ukshartam le'ot al yadecha, vehayu letotafot bein einecha.
Uchtavtam al mezuzot beitecha uvish'arecha.
Modern English:
You shall love the LORD your God with all your heart, with all your soul, and with all your strength.
Keep these words that I command you today upon your heart.
Teach them faithfully to your children. Speak about them when you sit in your home, when you walk along the way, when you lie down, and when you rise.
Bind them as a sign upon your hand, and keep them before your eyes. Write them upon the doorposts of your house and upon your gates.
4. Confession of Yeshua the Messiah
Adonai, I confess that Yeshua is the Messiah, the Son of the living God.
I believe that He died for my sins, was buried, rose from the dead, and lives forever.
Yeshua is my Lord, my Savior, my High Priest, and my mediator before You.
There is no other name under heaven by which we must be saved.
My hope is not in my own righteousness, but in Your mercy and in what Yeshua has done for me.
Keep my faith firmly fixed upon Him.
Amen.
5. The Lord's Prayer
Our Father in heaven,
holy is Your name.
Your kingdom come.
Your will be done
on earth as it is in heaven.
Give us today our daily bread.
Forgive us our sins,
as we forgive those who sin against us.
Do not lead us into temptation,
but deliver us from evil.
For Yours is the kingdom,
the power,
and the glory forever.
Amen.
6. Prayer of Thanksgiving for the Day
Father, thank You for bringing me safely to the evening.
Thank You for every blessing I noticed today and every blessing I failed to notice.
Thank You for food, shelter, family, work, rest, music, friendship, Scripture, and every good thing that comes from Your hand.
Thank You above all for Yeshua.
Thank You that because of Him I can approach You with confidence, not because I have earned Your love, but because You are merciful and faithful.
Whatever was good in this day, I give You the glory.
Whatever was painful, confusing, or disappointing, I place into Your hands.
Teach me to trust You.
Amen.
7. Evening Confession and Repentance
Merciful Father, I confess my sins before You.
Forgive the sins I committed today knowingly and unknowingly, in thought, word, and action.
Forgive me where I was impatient, angry, prideful, selfish, dishonest, lustful, judgmental, careless, unkind, or unwilling to listen.
Forgive me for words I should not have spoken and for good words I should have spoken but withheld.
Forgive me for opportunities to love others that I ignored.
Forgive me when my thoughts wandered away from You.
Forgive me whenever I placed fear, desire, money, approval, anger, or anything else above You.
Search me, O God, and know my heart. Show me anything I need to confess, repair, or change.
I do not hide from You. I bring everything into Your light.
Thank You that through Yeshua the Messiah there is forgiveness and cleansing.
Create in me a clean heart, O God, and renew a steadfast spirit within me.
Help me tomorrow to walk differently where I failed today.
Amen.
8. Prayer for Forgiving Others
Father, before I sleep, I choose to release the anger and resentment I am carrying toward others.
You know every hurt better than I do.
I do not call evil good, and I do not pretend that wrongdoing does not matter. But I refuse to let bitterness rule my heart.
As You have shown me mercy, teach me to show mercy.
Give me wisdom to forgive, courage to establish healthy boundaries where needed, and strength to pursue peace whenever peace is possible.
I place every person and every situation into Your hands.
Judge rightly, heal what has been wounded, and keep my heart free from hatred.
Through Yeshua the Messiah.
Amen.
9. Prayer to Yeshua Before Sleep
Lord Yeshua the Messiah, Son of God, have mercy on me.
Good Shepherd, remain with me through this night.
Guard my mind from fear, my heart from despair, and my thoughts from temptation.
When my mind races, speak Your peace.
When I feel afraid, remind me that I belong to You.
When I remember my failures, remind me of Your grace.
When I worry about tomorrow, remind me that tomorrow is already in Your hands.
Teach me Your Gospel. Fill my heart with Your Word.
Help me follow Your commandments and love others as You have loved me.
You are my Savior, my Shepherd, my High Priest, and my hope.
Jesus Christ, Son of God, have mercy on me.
Amen.
10. Prayer to Be Filled with the Holy Spirit
Father, fill me again with Your Holy Spirit.
Spirit of truth, guide me into truth.
Bring the words of Scripture to my remembrance.
Produce in me love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control.
Expose what is false in me and strengthen what is good.
Give me wisdom rather than confusion,
peace rather than fear,
self-control rather than impulse,
faith rather than despair,
and love rather than anger.
Make me more like Yeshua.
Amen.
11. A Messianic Evening Hashkiveinu
Hashkiveinu, Adonai Eloheinu, l'shalom.
Cause us to lie down in peace, Adonai our God, and raise us again to life and peace.
Spread over us the shelter of Your peace.
Guide us with Your good counsel.
Protect us through Your mercy.
Guard us from fear, hatred, violence, temptation, danger, and every evil thing.
Watch over our going out and our coming in, now and forever.
May Your peace rest upon this home.
And may the peace of Messiah Yeshua guard our hearts and minds.
Amen.
12. Prayer for Protection
Adonai, You are my refuge and my fortress.
I place myself, my children, my family, my home, and everything entrusted to me into Your hands.
Protect us from evil.
Protect us from danger we can see and danger we cannot see.
Do not allow fear to rule us.
Your angels are Your servants and obey Your command; therefore I ask You, God, to command whatever protection You know we need.
I do not place my trust in angels, objects, symbols, or rituals.
My trust is in You alone.
Yeshua has overcome the world.
Greater is He who is in us than he who is in the world.
Let Your presence fill this home tonight.
Amen.
13. Psalm 4:8
Hebrew:
בְּשָׁלוֹם יַחְדָּו אֶשְׁכְּבָה וְאִישָׁן כִּי־אַתָּה יְהוָה לְבָדָד לָבֶטַח תּוֹשִׁיבֵנִי׃
Transliteration:
B'shalom yachdav eshk'vah v'ishan, ki Atah Adonai l'vadad lavetach toshivēni.
Modern English:
In peace I will lie down and sleep,
for You alone, LORD,
cause me to dwell securely.
14. Prayer for Family
Father, watch over my family tonight.
Bless my children. Guard their minds, bodies, and hearts.
Draw them toward Yeshua and teach them to know Your voice, love Your Word, and walk in truth.
Give me wisdom, patience, courage, and gentleness in caring for them.
Bless my parents, relatives, friends, teachers, pastors, mentors, and everyone You have placed in my life.
Comfort those who are lonely.
Heal those who are suffering.
Provide for those who are in need.
Bring those who are far from You near to You.
May our home belong to You.
Amen.
15. Prayer for Israel and the Nations
God of Israel, remember Your covenant faithfulness.
Bring peace to Jerusalem.
Protect innocent people.
Comfort those who mourn.
Give wisdom to leaders and justice to those who have been wronged.
Draw Jewish people and people from every nation toward Your truth.
May the knowledge of the LORD fill the earth.
May Your kingdom come.
May all peoples know the salvation You have given through Yeshua the Messiah.
Amen.
16. Short Evening Petitions
Lord, forgive me.
Lord, correct me.
Lord, teach me.
Lord, strengthen my faith.
Lord, give me wisdom.
Lord, guard my thoughts.
Lord, protect me from temptation.
Lord, teach me humility.
Lord, give me patience.
Lord, give me courage.
Lord, make me gentle.
Lord, help me love You with all my heart, soul, mind, and strength.
Lord, help me love my neighbor as myself.
Lord, let Your will be done in me.
Lord Yeshua Messiah, have mercy on me.
Amen.
17. Bedtime Blessing — Hamapil
A traditional Jewish bedtime blessing followed by a Messianic conclusion.
Hebrew:
בָּרוּךְ אַתָּה יְהוָה אֱלֹהֵינוּ מֶלֶךְ הָעוֹלָם
הַמַּפִּיל חֶבְלֵי שֵׁנָה עַל עֵינַי
וּתְנוּמָה עַל עַפְעַפָּי
Transliteration:
Baruch Atah Adonai Eloheinu, Melech ha'olam, hamapil chevlei sheinah al einai, ut'numah al af'apai.
Modern English:
Blessed are You, LORD our God, King of the universe, who brings sleep upon my eyes and rest upon my eyelids.
Father, let my sleep be peaceful.
Keep troubling dreams, fear, and anxious thoughts far from me.
Give my body rest and my mind quiet.
If You grant me another day, awaken me ready to serve You with gratitude.
May I rise remembering that Your mercies are new every morning.
Through Yeshua the Messiah.
Amen.
18. Final Surrender to Yeshua
Lord Yeshua the Messiah, into Your hands I entrust myself tonight.
My body belongs to You.
My mind belongs to You.
My future belongs to You.
My family belongs to You.
My life belongs to You.
You are the same yesterday, today, and forever.
Whether I am awake or asleep, I am Yours.
Keep me in Your peace.
Let me rest without fear.
And if You wake me tomorrow, let my first thought be gratitude to the God of Israel who has given me another day.
Yeshua, Son of David,
Son of God,
Messiah of Israel,
Savior of the world,
have mercy on me and keep me close to You.
Amen.
19. Aaronic Blessing — Birkat Kohanim
Hebrew:
יְבָרֶכְךָ יְהוָה וְיִשְׁמְרֶךָ׃
יָאֵר יְהוָה פָּנָיו אֵלֶיךָ וִיחֻנֶּךָּ׃
יִשָּׂא יְהוָה פָּנָיו אֵלֶיךָ וְיָשֵׂם לְךָ שָׁלוֹם׃
Transliteration:
Yevarechecha Adonai v'yishmerecha.
Ya'er Adonai panav eilecha vichuneka.
Yisa Adonai panav eilecha v'yasem lecha shalom.
Modern English:
May the LORD bless you and keep you.
May the LORD make His face shine upon you and be gracious to you.
May the LORD turn His face toward you and give you peace.
In the name of Yeshua the Messiah.
Amen.
Shalom.
May this day end in the peace of the God of Israel,
in the grace of Yeshua the Messiah,
and in the presence and comfort of the Holy Spirit.
Messianic Jewish Christian Evening Prayers
A free Christian devotional prayer resource
Comments
Post a Comment